Businesses and individuals alike can benefit from having trustworthy data backup solutions. In the event of a power outage, natural disaster or unexpected server or equipment failure, you could lose a lot of important information. While you should always have physical backup solutions, such as portable hard drives or flash drives, it is extremely beneficial to invest in cloud backup solutions as well.
Many people and companies have begun to embrace cloud backup due to its variety of benefits. Some of these benefits include:
- Low cost. Cloud hosting is extremely inexpensive. Most providers simply require a small monthly or annual subscription fee, for which you get a significant amount of storage space.
- Improved protection of your data. Cloud backup gives you the peace of mind that your information is recoverable and protected. Cloud servers are highly secure, meaning that you do not have to worry about your private information being compromised.
- Easy to use and implement. Cloud solutions fit with just about any operating system and can work with most existing applications and storage devices. There is also a minimal learning curve for people getting started – the user and web management interfaces are highly intuitive and easy to comprehend.
- Energy efficient. Rather than wasting energy and money on hosting your own servers, cloud solutions give you the ability to host your data on other dedicated servers, thereby lowering your own energy consumption and carbon footprint.
- Accessible. If you need to access your data but you are on the road, you have the ability to access the information from any device with an internet connection. This includes both standard computers and mobile devices.
- Scalable. If you end up needing more or less storage space than you had initially expected, it’s extremely easy to adjust your subscription. This is directly opposed to most physical storage systems, where you are locked in to your storage size upon your purchase.